Household insurance claims

Immediately secure or make your property safe.

Report immediately to the police any item lost, or any theft or malicious damage and obtain a Crime Reference Report.

Report the insurance claim to Cliverton as soon as possible after you become aware of the loss or damage, and certainly within 7 days, to enable the claim to be lodged with the insurer. Please note that most insurers operate telephone claim helplines dispensing with the need for claim forms to be completed. The insurer should be able to put you in touch with approved repairers and to arrange for replacement electrical and jewellery items etc. The helpline telephone number will be on your insurance schedule.

Losses over £1,000 are usually handled by a loss adjuster or the insurer’s own claims inspectors.

Two estimates are required for any works or replacement items.

It is useful to keep a record of receipts/valuations/photographs for fine art and valuables.

Insurance claims are settled at the insurer’s option either by replacement, reinstatement, repair or payment. Salvage then belongs to the insurance company.

In certain circumstances we may have authority from the insurer to settle insurance claims on their behalf. In doing so we will act as their agent. We will advise you should this arise and we have procedures in place to manage any conflict of interest which may result.

Cliverton, 15-17 Norwich Road, Fakenham, Norfolk NR21 8AU
Tel: 01328 857921 Fax: 01328 857959 Email:
Cliverton is a trading name of Lycett, Browne-Swinburne & Douglass Ltd. which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA No. 310623).

Secure payments via Barclaycard