• Farmhouse buildings and contents
  • Farm buildings
  • Machinery
  • Produce and deadstock
  • Business interruption
  • Livestock
  • Employers' liability
  • Public/products liability
  • Personal accident
  • Commercial all risks

Which of these do I need?

Public/products liability
£2,000,000 (£5,000,000 available at revised cost)

Employers' liability

Farm insurance
Smallholder insurance

Public liability insurance

Ownership or occupation of land creates the possibility of a public liability claim, where a visitor or member of the public has suffered loss or injury as a result of negligence on your part. This may include the escape of animals from your property.

To protect you from insurance claims of this nature, public liability insurance is the core cover provided by our smallholder's insurance policy, and in addition to farm or grazing land, we are able to include undeveloped investment property, and land in common ownership (for example, access roads on privately owned residential developments).

We are able to cover DIY equestrian activities on our policy. Where more extensive requirements arise, please see our equestrian pages.

Employers' Liability insurance

It is a statutory requirement that anyone employing individuals on a full-time, part-time or casual basis, must arrange Employers' liability insurance. This requirement also applies to unpaid helpers.

Farm property insurance

A wide range of cover can be arranged for all farming property, including buildings, produce, deadstock, small tools, machinery and office contents. Business interruption cover may be added, in order to protect your income following damage by an insured peril.

Livestock insurance cover

Livestock can be insured for a range of risks including fire, straying, electrocution, theft, Road Risks including transit and mysterious disappearance.

Household insurance cover

As well as business property, the policy can also cover the owner’s household buildings and contents, together with let houses if appropriate. The contents section will include jewellery and personal effects. Our household department can quote separately for the full range of household insurance, including travel insurance and cover for high value properties.

Agricultural motor insurance

Cliverton have arrangements with a number of companies for the insurance of agricultural vehicles and farm fleets, including commercial vehicles and private cars as appropriate.

Please note that we are not able to arrange insurance for single vehicles, whether cars, commercial vehicles or tractors.

To arrange your insurance policy

Either click on the quick-quote link above, complete your details and we will send you an insurance quotation, or contact the Cliverton office to discuss your requirements in greater detail.

Cliverton, 15-17 Norwich Road, Fakenham, Norfolk NR21 8AU
Tel: 01328 857921 Fax: 01328 857959 Email: info@cliverton.co.uk
Cliverton is a trading name of Lycett, Browne-Swinburne & Douglass Ltd. which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA No. 310623).

Secure payments via Barclaycard