Pet groomers and microchippers insurance cover
Insurance for pet groomers
Insurance for pet microchippers
Summary of insurance cover
- £5,000,000 standard limit for public liability
- Policy is valid anywhere within the UK
- Policies for home groomers, mobile and salons
- Non-negligent cover included
- Includes pet collection and delivery
- Includes pet microchipping
- Includes retail sale of animal feed and accessories
- Cover for clippers, tools and equipment (available at extra cost)
Summary of insurance benefits
£5,000,000 (£10,000,000 available at additional cost)
Liability to animals in your care, custody or control
£10,000 any one event
£10,000 any one event
Your policy will include non-negligent cover. This is provided free of charge and the effect is to add insurance where your customers suffer a loss, due to accidental injury, straying or theft of their pet, while you are looking after it, but where you are not under a legal liability to pay compensation.
The benefits are
- Veterinary fees incurred following accidental injury to an animal in your care, custody or control;
- Accidental death of an animal in your care, custody or control, resulting from injury;
- Loss of an animal in your care, custody or control resulting from theft or straying and where the animal is not found or returned within seven days.
The maximum amount payable is £10,000 any one incident, and claims are subject to an excess of £50.
Property damage cover
We are also able to arrange cover for clippers, tools, equipment and other property used in association with your pet grooming business. This insurance policy is available to buy on-line.
If you work from permanent premises, insurance cover is available for buildings, fixed equipment and contents. Business interruption cover may be added, in order to protect your income following damage by an insured peril.
In both cases you will need to contact the Cliverton office for an insurance quotation.
Where you run an animal business from home, you must inform your household insurer and restrictions in cover may be imposed on you. Failure to inform your insurer may invalidate your policy. With this in mind we have arranged a household policy that covers owners who run an animal business from home, subject only to the Public Liability cover for the business being arranged on a separate policy.
Please see our household insurance section for further details.
To arrange your insurance policy
Either complete the following screens and buy on-line, or contact the Cliverton office for an insurance quotation.