National Pet Month is Here - Let's Celebrate With a Competition!
1st April 2021
The 1st of April, Fools Day to some but to us pet lovers it’s the start of National Pet Month, a whole month of celebrating pets and the joy, tears, stress and everything in between that they bring us.
The most common phrase “man’s best friend” in reference to domestic pet dogs, represents the centuries old relationship we have with our solid, dependable, loving dogs and it is claimed that this was first used to describe a beloved dog in 1789 by King Frederick of Prussia.
We know that in Ancient Egypt cats were worshipped as Gods, they were relied upon to save households from vermin and venomous creatures. Anybody who owns a cat can no doubt vouch that cats have never forgotten their entitlement to be worshipped and expect to be spoiled accordingly.
Of course modern day tastes have changed. Gone are the days of just keeping ‘normal’ pets, cats, dogs, bunnies, hamsters. Here at Cliverton we have a wide range of clients we insure who keep anything from servals to scorpions and tarantulas to terrapins as their pets.
Recent surveys taken from the PDSA* confirm that a whopping 26% of UK adults own a dog and 24% own cats, making dogs marginally the preferred pet. With roughly 10.1 million pet dogs in the UK, we are maintaining our status as a nation of pet lovers, with the numbers of pets soaring after the recent National Lockdowns.
At Cliverton we are mad about our animals! Between 18 of us we own 10 dogs, 11 cats, 12 rescue chickens, 4 rescue ducks, 3 horses, 2 chinchillas, 1 rabbit, 1 budgie and an abundance of fish. Quite a menagerie!
To celebrate our much loved companions we are launching a photo competition on our Facebook page .
The theme is springtime (yes, it’s finally here!) and we would LOVE to see your best spring-themed pet pictures, from baby chicks to Easter bunnies. Just post your pictures in the comments section of our Facebook competition post and one lucky winner who enters our favourite picture will win a basket of spring-related treats, we may even throw in some Cliverton goodies too. The closing date is 30th April 2021 so don’t hang about, get those cameras clicking!
See below for the National Pet Month Competition Terms and Conditions.
• The competition is being run by Cliverton Insurance Brokers
• The competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom.
• Employees of Cliverton or members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner or household member) may not enter.
• Submit your photos via commenting on our Facebook post.
• All entrants must be amateur photographers i.e. not regularly paid for taking photographs.
• All photographs must be the entrants own original work.
• All photographs must be legally obtained with permission where appropriate.
• If your photo features anyone who could be identifiable you must have explicit consent from them for this image to be used as set out in these T&Cs.
• The winning image will be chosen and announced on 4th May 2021. The winner will be notified via Facebook and will be asked to email us with their address for delivery of the prize.
• The winner will receive a Springtime Goody Basket.
• No cash alternative will be offered.
• On submitting photos to the competition, the entrant is agreeing to give Cliverton Insurance Brokers the right to free reproduction of entries in connection with the competition and all associated publicity, and also agrees to the right to free reproduction of entries on the Cliverton website, social media and general marketing materials not connected to the competition.
• Entry to this competition signifies acceptance of these rules.