Animal Educational Talks, Visits & Parties Insurance

From only £171.20 per year

Or 9 monthly payments of £20.92 (total repayable £188.28)

Quick Quote and Buy

Animal Educational Talks, Visits & Parties Insurance

From only £171.20 per year Or 9 monthly payments of £20.92 (total repayable £188.28)

Quick Quote and Buy

Cliverton is able to arrange cover for you if you are using your own animals for public handling, such as offering educational talks, children’s parties or even for therapeutic sessions. We are able to cover the use of most types of animal through our insurance for animal education talks, visits and parties.

This policy is suitable for those who use animals as a business or on a voluntary basis for public handling and are wishing to to cover the Public Liability . This policy is not suitable for those who are offering pony parties or pony rides. Should you be offering this service please click here for our equestrian business insurance.


Professional Indemnity – In addition to our standard limit of cover of £500,000, we are now able to offer lower levels of cover at £100,000 and £250,000 at reduced premiums.

If you would like to include one of these new options under your policy please call the office on 01328 857921 or email us at for your quotation.

What’s included
  • Public Liability £5,000,000
  • Products Liability £5,000,000
  • Public Liability £10,000,000
  • Products Liability £10,000,000
  • Employers Liability £10,000,000
  • Professional Indemnity £100,000, £250,000 or £500,000
  • Property and Equipment
  • Personal Accident
  • Public Liability £5,000,000
  • Products Liability £5,000,000
  • Public Liability £10,000,000
  • Products Liability £10,000,000
  • Employers Liability £10,000,000
  • Professional Indemnity £100,000, £250,000 or £500,000
  • Property and Equipment
  • Personal Accident


Business Activities Covered

  • Educational Talks

Where you use animals for educational talks. This can be in schools, nursing/care homes, scout groups or public events.

  • Animal & Pet Parties

If you either host or attend animal parties, our educational talks and parties policy automatically provides insurance cover.

  • Public Handling of Animals

If you allow members or the public to either hold, stroke or touch the animals, we provide cover under the Public Liability should a claim arise.

  • Environmental Activities & Studies

This will include bug hunts, pond dipping and woodland walks.

Public Liability

This covers claims arising from the actions of you, an employee or the one of the animals which has resulted in injury to a third-party or damage to their property due to your negligence.

The standard limit is £5,000,000; this can be extended to £10,000,000 for an additional premium.

Products Liability

This section of the policy covers you for claims arising from products supplied by you during the course of your business activities.

The limit of £5,000,000 is standard and is included as part of the Public Liability for no additional charge.

Employers’ Liability (optional extra)

Where you have paid, voluntary or self-employed helpers working for you in connection with your business, it is a legal requirement that you have Employers’ Liability insurance.

This will provide cover in the event of them being injured whilst working for you due to your negligence.

The amount of cover provided is £10,000,000.

Professional Indemnity (optional extra)

If you give professional advice as a service for a separate fee and the advice is incorrect or results in either a physical or financial loss, we will cover claims arising up to £500,000.

Personal Accident Cover (optional extra)

By including Personal Accident cover under your policy you will be provided with a weekly benefit in the event of you suffering an injury whilst carrying out your business activities.

You can choose from benefits of £100 per week payable for 104 weeks or £250 per week payable for 52 weeks. This section of cover also includes a lump sum compensation for accidental death, permanent loss of sight and/or limbs and total disablement.

Please note that this does not cover any pre-existing conditions or illness, or any injury sustained whilst commuting to or from work.

Equipment & Property (optional extra)

You can add cover for business property and equipment to your policy. This can include most items used for your business ranging from small items such as hand held equipment and stock to large items such as ride on lawn mowers and office equipment.

We are also able to provide additional cover for commercial premises, business interruption, theft of money and your home.

What is not covered?

  • Any animal subject to the Dangerous Wild Animals Act (DWAA)
  • The use of any dogs which are classed as a banned breed.
  •  The use of any dogs subject to a Dog Control Order
  • Injury to any animal owned by the business or an employee
  • Supply of bouncy castles
  • Poney or donkey rides
  • Any excess applicable


The following excesses are applicable to the business policy only.

Liability Excesses

  • Public Liability
    • Third party injury – Nil
    • Third party property damage – £100
  • Products Liability – Nil
  • Employers’ Liability – Nil

Property Excesses

  • Buildings – £250
  • Contents  – £100
  • Money – £100
  • Business Interruption – Nil
  • All other property claims –  £100
  • Personal Accident – first 7 days of incapacity



Provision of Service-Statement-2-3-18

The Public Liability policy is underwritten by Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s.

Commercial Combined Key Facts

Equipment & Property is underwritten by Ecclesiastical Insurance Office plc.

Equipment & Property Key Facts

Legal Expenses Policy is underwritten by ARAG plc.

Legal Expenses – Key Facts

Legal Expenses Policy Wording


What our customers think