Pet Sitting, Pet Taxi and Dog Walkers Insurance Cover

From only £125 per year

Or 9 monthly payments of £15.28 (total repayable £137.52)

Quick Quote and Buy

Pet Sitting, Pet Taxi and Dog Walkers Insurance Cover

From only £125 per year Or 9 monthly payments of £15.28 (total repayable £137.52)

Quick Quote and Buy

What’s included

  • Public Liability £5,000,000
  • Products Liability £5,000,000
  • Care, Custody & Control unlimited cover
  • Non-negligent Cover unlimited cover
  • Loss of keys £10,000


  • Public Liability £10,000,000
  • Products Liability £10,000,000
  • Employers Liability £10,000,000
  • Equipment & Property
  • Professional Indemnity £500,000
  • Events, Shows & Fundraising

Require further information? Speak to an advisor today on 01328 857921

Dog walkers’ insurance cover

Cliverton has over 50 years’ experience in dealing with animal related business’ and our dog walkers’ insurance policy provides you with a comprehensive policy to suit your needs. Our policy automatically includes cover for home boarding, dog walking, pet taxi and house and pet sitting, we also include cover for a family member to help you.

Buy insurance for dog walkers online today or contact a member of our expert team to discuss further.

This policy is suitable for people and businesses who wish to cover their public liability whilst walking dogs, home boarding animals, providing a pet taxi service or pet home visits.


Business Activities Covered

  • Dog walking & including off-lead walking

This policy will insure you to walk a maximum of 6 dogs at any one time. This automatically includes walking dogs off lead however we do recommenced that you seek the owners written consent.

  • Pet & House Sitting

Where you look after animals in their own homes.

  • Home Boarding

If you look after animals within your own home we provide cover for the animals whilst in your care. Please note that this excludes any damage to your own property, any injury to yourself or your family.

  • Pet Taxi

Cliverton automatically include pet taxi cover as part of the policy, this provides cover for the animals whilst they are in transit. We recommend that you discuss this with your motor insurer should this be something which you are offering.

Animals Covered

The policy will cover you or an employee to look after the following animals –

  • Dogs & Cats

Should you require cover to look after a dog under a Dog Control Order or a banned breed please contact the office on 01328 857921.

  • Small domestic animals

Such as Rabbits, Guinea Pigs & Hamsters etc.

  • Horses, Ponies & Donkeys

The policy will provide cover for the incidental care of horses, ponies & donkeys, please note that this provides only basic care and excludes any riding, excising or lunging. We do offer a freelance grooms policy should you require this please click here.

  • Reptiles & Birds

This allows you to look after reptiles & birds such as snakes or budgies however please note we are unable to offer cover for any animal which is subject to the DWAA.

  • Domesticated Farm Animals

Such as chickens, sheep or goats providing they are not commercially used.

Public Liability

This covers claims arising from the actions of you, an employee or the one of the animals which has resulted in injury to a third-party or damage to their property due to your negligence.

The standard limit is £5,000,000; this can be extended to £10,000,000 for an additional premium.

Products Liability

This section of the policy covers you for claims arising from products supplied by you during the course of your business activities.

The limit of £5,000,000 is standard and is included as part of the Public Liability for no additional charge.

Please note this does not cover you for products which you sell.

Care, Custody & Control unlimited cover

Cover is provided for any claims made against you for either injury, loss or death of a dog whilst in the care, custody or under the control of you or an employee due to your negligence.

Non-Negligent Cover unlimited cover

Cover is provided for any claims made against you for either injury, loss or death of a dog whilst in the care, custody or under the control of you or an employee where you have not been negligent.

Loss of Keys £10,000

Where you or an employee look after your customer’s keys we will provide cover should they be lost or stolen, this will include cover should the keys be locked in a building.

Family Members Extension

The Cliverton Dog Walking policy automatically includes cover for your immediate family members to help you out with your business. This allows family members to assist you, such as feeding the dogs whilst they are staying with you.

For the purpose of this policy an immediate family member is classed as either a spouse or partner, child (over the age of 16) or parent (if they live with you). Please note that this extension excludes any injury they may sustain whilst helping and house sitting in other people’s homes.

Employers’ Liability (optional extra)

Where you have paid, voluntary or self-employed helpers working for you in connection with your business, it is a legal requirement that you have Employers’ Liability insurance.

This will provide cover in the event of them being injured whilst working for you due to your negligence.

If you have or are thinking about having school age work experience please contact the office.

The amount of cover provided is £10,000,000

Equipment & Property (optional extra)

You can add cover for business property and equipment to your policy. This can include most items used for your business ranging from small items such as leads and collars and stock to large items such as office equipment. (please refer to the excess)

We are also able to arrange additional cover for commercial premises, business interruption, theft of money and your home.

If you are running your business from your own home we recommend that you notify your home insurer

Personal Accident Cover (optional extra)

By including Personal Accident cover under your policy you will be provided with a weekly benefit in the event of you suffering an injury whilst carrying out your business activities.

You can choose from benefits of £100 per week payable for 104 weeks or £250 per week payable for 52 weeks. This section of cover also includes a lump sum compensation for accidental death, permanent loss of sight and/or limbs and total disablement.

Please note that this does not cover any pre-existing conditions or illness, or any injury sustained whilst commuting to or from work.

Professional Indemnity (optional extra)

If you give professional advice as a service for a separate fee and that advice results in either a physical or financial loss, professional indemnity will cover any resultant claims up to a limit of £500,000.

This should be considered if you are giving Professional advice or reports for a separate fee, if you are unsure if this is require then please contact the office.

Events, Shows & Fundraising (optional extra)

Where you organise events, shows or fundraising in connection with your business, we are able to arrange the Public Liability.

We are able to arrange cover for just the one event or multiple events depending on your requirements.

What is not covered?

  • Walking more than 6 dogs
  • Damage to your property (inlcuding car/van)
  • Riding or excersing or horses, ponies or donkeys
  • Commercially used farm animals
  • Any animal scheduled under the Dangerous Wild Animals Act (DWAA)
  • Any activities outside of the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland or the Channel Islands.
  • Any excess applicable


The following excesses are applicable to the business policy only.

Liability Excesses

  • Public Liability
    • Third party injury – Nil
    • Third party property damage – £100
    • Care, Custody & Control extension £50
  • Products Liability – Nil
  • Employers’ Liability – Nil

Property Excesses

  • Buildings – £250
  • Contents  – £100
  • Money – £100
  • Business Interruption – Nil
  • All other property claims –  £100
  • Personal Accident – first 7 days of incapacity

For the excesses applicable to the Legal Expenses policy please click here



Provision of Service-Statement-2-3-18

The Public Liability policy is underwritten by Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s.

Commercial Combined Key Facts

Equipment & Property is underwritten by Ecclesiastical Insurance Office plc.

Equipment & Property Key Facts

Legal Expenses Policy is underwritten by ARAG plc.

Legal Expenses – Key Facts

Legal Expenses Policy Wording

What our customers think