• £5,000,000 standard limit for public liability
  • Policy is valid anywhere within the UK
  • Non-negligent cover included
  • Includes domestic pets
  • Professional indemnity insurance

Which of these do I need?

Public liability
£5,000,000 (£10,000,000 available at additional cost)

Liability to animals in your care, custody or control
£25,000 any one event

Non-negligent cover
£25,000 any one event

Professional indemnity

Employer’s liability

Insurance for animal therapists
Insurance for animal physiotherapists
Insurance for animal hydrotherapists

Non-negligent cover

Your policy will include non-negligent cover. This is provided free of charge and the effect is to add insurance where your customers suffer a loss, due to accidental injury, straying or theft of their pet, while you are looking after it, but where you are not under a legal liability to pay compensation.

The benefits are

  1. Veterinary fees incurred following accidental injury to an animal in your care, custody or control;
  2. Accidental death of an animal in your care, custody or control, resulting from injury;
  3. Loss of an animal in your care, custody or control resulting from theft or straying and where the animal is not found or returned within seven days.

The maximum amount payable is £25,000 any one incident, and claims are subject to an excess of £50.

Property damage cover

We are able to arrange cover for mobile equipment and other property used in association with your animal physiotherapy business, including treadmills and hydrotherapy pools.

If you work from permanent premises, insurance cover is available for buildings, fixed equipment and contents. Business interruption cover may be added, in order to protect your income following damage by an insured peril.

Household insurance cover

Where you run an animal business from home, you must inform your household insurer and restrictions in cover may be imposed on you. Failure to inform your insurer may invalidate your policy. With this in mind we have arranged a household policy that covers owners who run an animal business from home, subject only to the Public Liability cover for the business being arranged on a separate policy.

Please see our household insurance section for further details.

Policy Excesses

Public Liability
-Third party property damage - £100
-Third party injury - Nil

Care, Custody & Control - £50

Non-negligent - £50

Loss of Keys - Nil

Employers Liability - Nil

To arrange your insurance policy

Either click on the quick-quote link above, complete your details and we will send you an insurance quotation, or contact the Cliverton office to discuss your requirements in greater detail.

Cliverton, 15-17 Norwich Road, Fakenham, Norfolk NR21 8AU
Tel: 01328 857921 Fax: 01328 857959 Email: info@cliverton.co.uk
Cliverton is a trading name of Lycett, Browne-Swinburne & Douglass Ltd. which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA No. 310623).

Secure payments via Barclaycard