Equestrian Business Insurance

Enquire Now

Equestrian Business Insurance

Enquire Now

We have policies available which can be tailored to suit your business whether it is a commercial riding school, private yard, livery yard or equine assisted therapy. We can also arrange to insure pony parties, rides at fetes and parties etc.

If you require cover for the stable buildings, tools, machinery, tack or horseboxes, would like insurance for your own pleasure horses or maybe you have the next Olympic Champion, Derby Winner or esteemed hunter  in your yard, we can also arrange cover via other areas of the company just give us a call to advise your requirements and we will put you in touch with the relevant team.

This policy suitable for people and businesses who wish to cover their liability to the public while carrying out their equestrian activities for which they receive a form of income.

If you don’t see what you need give us a call on 01328 857921 or fill in a contact form.

What’s included?
  • Public Liability £10,000,000
  • Products Liability £10,000,000
  • Employers’ Liability £10,000,000
  • Care, custody & control £5,000, 10,000, £25,000 or £50,000 (maximum value of any one horse)
  • Property/buildings
  • Public Liability £10,000,000
  • Products Liability £10,000,000
  • Employers’ Liability £10,000,000
  • Care, custody & control £5,000, 10,000, £25,000 or £50,000 (maximum value of any one horse)
  • Property/buildings


What can we cover?

  • Pony Parties / Rides at Fetes

Where your own ponies are taken off site to provide rides of no more than 10 minutes at parties, fetes, fairs or for petting and grooming. We are also able to arrange cover should you operate the parties from your own premises.

  • Equine Massage Therapists

Massage of horses by hand only, non-invasive treatments or  physiotherapy / chiropractic treatments.

  • Cross Country Courses – training & schooling only

Where you hire a course out to people for schooling and training purposes only.

  • One-Off Unaffiliated / Charity Horse Shows

Where you run a one-off show and cover is required for your legal liability for any incidents that happen on the day.

Public Liability

Covers legal liability arising from the actions of you or an employee resulting in injury to a third party or damage to their property up to a limit of £10,000,000.

Products Liability

Covers your legal liability for injury, loss or damage caused by products used by you for your client. This could include hay, bedding or feed, which must be supplied in the manufacturers own packaging.

Automatically included as part of the public liability cover. Does not relate to retail sales.

Employers’ Liability (optional extra)

If you have either paid, voluntary or self-employed helpers working under your instruction it is a legal requirement to have employers’ liability cover. This provides cover for your legal liability towards your employees should they sustain an injury whilst working for you in connection with your business.

Care, Custody & Control (optional extra)

Provides cover for your legal liability in the event of injury, illness or death of the horses under your care, custody and control.

Different levels of cover are available for the maximum value of any one horse; £5,000, £10,000, £25,000 or £50,000.

What’s not included?

  • Trekking Centres
  • Businesses where driving is the main activity
  • Any activity outside of the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland or the Channel Islands


  • Third-party injury – Nil
  • Third-party property damage – £500
  • Employers’ liability – Nil
  • Products liability – Nil
  • Care, custody & control – £500
  • Property/buildings – £250
  • Other equipment – £100

What our customers think