Please see below for the most frequently asked questions we get relating to claims. If you can't find the answer to your question please call our office on 01328 857921, alternatively you can submit a contact form via our claims page.

What is an Excess?

The excess if the first part of any claim which you have to pay. Any excesses applicable are stated on your policy schedule.

What is a loss adjuster and what do they do?

A loss adjuster is an independent claims specialist who will investigate the claim being made on behalf of the insurers. Not all claims will require investigation.

How do I make a claim?

Please contact our office, you can do this by calling 01328 857921 or by going to the claims section on our website.

Do I need a letter from my client to make a claim?

In most cases you will require something in writing from the claimant stating that they hold you responsible.

What is a claimant?

A claimant is the person/persons who are making the claim against you.

Will my premium go up if I make a claim?

Yes, you will lose your no claims discount for 3 years from your next renewal date, the premium increase will vary dependant on the amount of your claim.

There has been an incident but I am not going to claim do I need to tell Cliverton?

Yes, you need to make us aware of any incidents even if no claim will be made.

I have had claims with my previous insurance do I need to let you know?

Yes, you should always make new or potential insurers aware of anything which is likely to affect their decision to insure you. Even if you are not sure if it is relevant.

I have injured myself am I covered?

Our policies do not automatically insure you for your own bodily injury, we do, however, offer Personal Accident cover which would cover you in the event of an injury whilst working. Contact the office for details.